Corona “Wolves” Brașov climbs to the first place of the Erste League after a new victory against SC Miercurea-Ciuc

Tonight, on the ice of the Brașov Olympic Ice Rink, a new “episode” from the series of 4 consecutive games took place, counting for the regular seasons of the Erste League and the national championship between the “wolves of Brașov” and Sport Club Miercurea-Ciuc.

After the “wolves” had won 4 points out of the 6 in Miercurea-Ciuc, tonight they entered the ice motivated to get a new victory, the stake being the climb to the first place of the Erste League.

The result was a very open game, played with many spectacular goals.

In the end, the “wolves” were more motivated and focused on the stakes of the game and managed to get 3 points after a game “not recommended for cardiacs” in which 12 goals were scored.

Corona “Wolves” Brașov – SC Miercurea Ciuc: 7-5 (3-2, 1-1, 3-2).

The guests opened the scoring quickly, in the 03’28 “, through Tihamér Becze.

The reply of the “wolves” was not long in coming, three minutes later Zoltán Molnár spectacularly completed a phase in which Peter Balázs-Szabolcs and Radim Valchar also contributed.

In the 14th minute, taking advantage of a double numerical superiority, the “wolves” took the lead, Cody Carlson scoring with a placed shot (being assisted by Carlo Finucci and Radim Valchar).

The guests equalized 22 seconds later through Jack Combs.

By the end of the first period, the “wolves” took the lead again, with Carlo Finucci scoring in the 17’47” from Cody Fowlie’s pass.

After the first period, the score was 3-2 in favor of the “wolves”.

After 30 minutes, following yet another great corner, Oliver Gecse knocked the puck to the limit of Oliver Gecse’s reach, who just couldn’t put it in the net.

Five minutes later, the “wolves” took the lead again, managing to score – taking advantage of a numerical superiority – through Peter Balázs-Szabolcs who deflected a shot by Pavlo Borysenko in the goal. Radim Valchar also contributed to the goal.

After two periods, the “wolves” remained in the lead, with a score of 4-3.

The third period was in tune with the first two, an equally spectacular game, “on the contrary”.

The guests tied at 4 after only 42 seconds from the resumption of the game, through the same Jack Combs, who took advantage of a numerical superiority of his team.

Three minutes later Carlo Finucci manages the “double”, scoring with a deflected shot in the goal by the hand of a hammer player, bringing again the “wolves” in the lead.
National team defender Huba Bors and Canadian striker Cody Fowlie also contributed to the goal.

The advantage of the “wolves” lasted only 6 minutes, the hosts equalizing 5-5, through Andrei Taratukhin.

But towards the end of the game the “wolves” managed their game very well and managed to score two goals and win their 3 points.

In the 54’24 “, in an attack in numerical superiority of the” wolves “, Cody Carlson also manages to” double “with a spectacular shot in the short corner (being assisted by Josh McFadden and Carlo Finucci).

A minute later, Péter Balázs-Szabolcs also manages to “double”, sending the puck received from Radim Valchar into the goal.

After this spectacular game, the “wolves” climb to the first position of the Erste League, with 2 points over FTC Telekom (but also with two games less than the Hungarian team) and 6 points over Sport Club Miercurea-Ciuc (which occupies the 3rd place).

Tomorrow, starting with 18:30, the fourth game of this spectacular series between the “wolves of Brașov” and the rivals from Miercurea-Ciuc will take place, also in Brașov.