Following the place obtained in the regular season, the first 5 teams will enter the “Master round” as follows:
– each team will have a score according to the place obtained in the regular season: place 1: 6 points; 2nd place: 3 points; 3rd place: 2 points; place 4: 1 point; 5th place: 0 points;
– With this “starting” score, each team will play two games (one at home and one away) with each team in the “Master round”.
– the points collected in the 8 games of the “Master round” will be added to the starting score (6-3-2-1-0).
– will result in a final score, which will be taken into account for establishing the play-off.
– Following the ranking of the “Master round” and “Qualification round” (where the teams ranked 6-10 and from which only the first 3 teams will qualify in the quarters will participate), the final quarters of the Erste Liga will be established.
Thus, the teams ranked on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places of the “Master round” will choose their opponent for the quarterfinals (in order, the 1st place chooses the first, the 2nd place, the third place 3rd), from the teams ranked on the 5th– 8th place (the team ranked 5th in the “Master round” and the 3 qualified teams in the “Qualification round”).
The team that will be ranked 4th in the “Master round” will play in the quarterfinals with the team remaining unelected after the first 3 teams have chosen their opponent.
The quarterfinals will be decided by a series “the best team in 7 games”, the team best ranked after the “middle season” starting the series with two games “at home” (and if it is reached in the decisive game of the series will have again the advantage of own ice).
Of the 4 teams remaining in the competition, the best ranked after the “middle season” will play with the lowest ranked, and the remaining two teams will play between them.
Again, a series of “the best team after 7 games” will be played, and the best ranked team will start the “home” series.
The two remaining teams will compete in the Erste league finals.
The final will also be played in a series of “the best team after 7 games”, and the best ranked team will start the “home” series.